NC PPS Unarmed Basic Security Officer Training 16 Hrs.
This training is the required training for all Security Officers in the State of North Carolina. This training includes the following objectives:
1. Security Officer of North Carolina
3 Emergency Response
5. Patrol Proceedures
6. Field Note Taking and Report Writing
7. Professional Ethics and Standards (Deportment)
Applicants for an unarmed armored car service guard registration shall complete a basic training course for unarmed armored car service guards within 30 days from the date of permanent hire. The course shall consist of a minimum of 16 hours of classroom instruction including:
(1) The Security Officer in North Carolina – (minimum of one hour);
(2) Legal Issues for Security Officers – (minimum of three hours);
(3) Deportment – (minimum of one hour);
(4) Armored Security Operations – (minimum of five hours);
(5) Emergency Situations – (minimum of three hours); and
(6) Safe Driver Training – (minimum of three hours);
The security officer must have completed the 16 hr. PPS "Basic Security Officer Training Course" The security officer will attend the 20 Hr. ( 3 Day) "PPS Firearms Training" The blocks of instruction are as follows:
1. Legal Issues
3. Handgun Operation
5. Marksmanship Fundamentals
6. Night Firing
Once completed the security will receive a certificate of completion after passing a written exam and firearm qualification.
The security officer must pass with a 200 points/80% of the daytime and nighttime course of fire.
At the completion of training, the security officer may work armed with a copy of their application and firearm certificate. These documents must be kept on their person while on duty.
What you need to bring to class:
1. 400 Rounds of handgun ammo
2. semi automatic handgun or revolver
3. Magazines or Speed-loaders with pouches
5. Ball Cap
6. Proof of ID ( Drivers License, State ID, Passport, Millitary ID will only be accepted)