Due to recent incidents involving security officers with other agencies and in the industry On Point Protection and increased all levels of training for its officers. On Point Officers go through a 40 hr firearms block of insutruction based off the Law- Enforcement Training Block. Our officers also take a narcotics blcok of instruction to protect them from coming in contact with lethial narcotics that can harm them.
NC PPS Unarmed Basic Security Officer Training 16 Hrs.
This training is the required training for all Security Officers in the State of North Carolina. This training includes the following objectives:
1. Security Officer of North Carolina
3 Emergency Response
5. Patrol Proceedures
6. Field Note Taking and Report Writing
7. Professional Ethics and Standards (Deportment)
Applicants for an unarmed armored car service guard registration shall complete a basic training course for unarmed armored car service guards within 30 days from the date of permanent hire. The course shall consist of a minimum of 16 hours of classroom instruction including:
(1) The Security Officer in North Carolina – (minimum of one hour);
(2) Legal Issues for Security Officers – (minimum of three hours);
(3) Deportment – (minimum of one hour);
(4) Armored Security Operations – (minimum of five hours);
(5) Emergency Situations – (minimum of three hours); and
(6) Safe Driver Training – (minimum of three hours);
The security officer must have completed the 16 hr. PPS "Basic Security Officer Training Course" The security officer will attend the 40 Hr. ( 5 Day) "PPS Firearms Training" The blocks of instruction are as follows:
1. Legal Issues
3. Handgun Operation
4. Maintenance - Proper Handgun Maintance on issued Department Weapons
5. Marksmanship Fundamentals
6. Night Firing
7. Combat Course BLET Version
Once completed the security will receive a certificate of completion after passing a written exam and firearm qualification.
The security officer must pass with a 200 points/80% of the daytime and nighttime course of fire.
At the completion of training, the security officer may work armed with a copy of their application and firearm certificate. These documents must be kept on their person while on duty.
What you need to bring to class:
If you work for ON POINT - You will only need to bring yourself to class if you work for an agency please see the discription below.
1. 500 Rounds of handgun ammo
2. semi automatic handgun or revolver
3. Magazines or Speed-loaders with pouches
5. Ball Cap
6. Proof of ID ( Drivers License, State ID, Passport, Millitary ID will only be accepted)
On Point Protection and Company Police
8480 Honeycutt Rd, Suite 200
Raleigh, NC 27615
FT/ PT Patrol Officers Needed (Raleigh Area)
RSO- Retail Security Officer (Greensboro Area, Triangle Area)
CSO- Community Security Officer
(Raleigh NC) Includes Pool Duty